LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Another Cockamaime Way of Circumventing the Code

A reader sent me this:

I'm a call center agent hired by (Call Center Company Name withheld). under the Proj. XXXXXX

Based on the contract
1. I'm a Project Based Employee
2. I had a certain starting salary as well as Meal; Transpo Allowance w/c if I stayed long will increase at a certain amount every 6 months up until a certain max point.

During my stay I was given a Regular Status, as a bonus for assisting the company.

I was transferred to another project in the company, the HR is claiming I'm a resigned employee that I need to start over again.

I don't think this is fair, I never signed any resignation. is this a violation of the of any Labor Code? I NEED HELP! they're railroading me.


I'm taking this at face value and assumes that all claims are true.

I don't think one needs to be a lawyer to recognize that this employee is being hoodwinked by this company.

Well, this is not this is one of the oldest tricks in the book. Several companies that employ marginalized workers have used this to perfection, but to hear a call center doing a similar thing, is just unimaginable for me, specially considering that call centers are practically beating each other up competing for limited human resources. I wonder when the world is finally gonna run out of managers who resort to trickery to take advantage of their employees. This is not only illegal, it is immoral. It's cheating, lying and stealing. I wonder what they'd do if their employees cheat lie and steal.

Haaay! Next question please!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the heads up

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm, SYKES yan ano? ahehehhehe... wala lang...parang familiar

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dharlz guess again :D

    ReplyDelete

If you have an opinion about this topic or a related experience you want to share, please feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful. No bad words please or I will be constrained to delete it.