LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 23, 2004

What HR Managers Must Go Through

Ah, weekends! I love weekends because they are my opportunity to relax (If I am not able to think of some other things to worry about:-)

The last few days have been really tough for me as an HR Manager, having to retrench a good number of people because client requirement is low and our current manpower is higher than what the company needs at this time.

Letting go of people, especially those who did their best to be productive employees have been my biggest peeve as an HR Manager. I never really get used to it. There were times when I wonder and or if I ever really need to get used to letting go of people because of business needs. I found that the answer to this is a big NO.

I realized that HR Managers like my self should always worry about losing people(and endure the stress that comes with it!). That is as true as HR Managers should not stop caring. We must always try to do our best to save as many as we can when organizational cuts become unavoidable. Caring enough also help us device ways to best help people who are to be separated from the company like recommending what possible package can be made available for them, giving them assistance in finding work or livelihood. We must never forget that when these people lose their job, they and their families lose their livelihood. This brings me to that point where I say, if cuts can be avoided, we must and we should do everything to avoid it!

The next difficult challenge that comes our way when retrenchments happen is what to do with the remaining people to keep the morale up and focused on the goals at hand. Hmmm, come to think of it, that is whats up ahead for me... I'll talk about it on my future posts...

'Till next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have an opinion about this topic or a related experience you want to share, please feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful. No bad words please or I will be constrained to delete it.